- 1 pound fish (Note by Lise: Recipe called for tilapia but I prefer to use haddock)
- ¼ cup orange juice, preferably fresh
- 2 limes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
Sriracha Aioli Slaw
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch cayenne
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sour cream
- Place the fish in a medium sized baking dish. Whisk together the orange juice, zest and juice of 1 lime, minced garlic, and soy sauce and pour over the fish. Allow to marinate for 15 to 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- To make the Sriracha Aioli; in a large bowl add the mayonnaise, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, cayenne, and sriracha. Stir well to combine.
- Then add the red cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, and cilantro. Toss the slaw to incorporate. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate.
- Warm the tortillas in a grill pan or other heavy-bottomed skillet. Heat the pan to medium-high heat and warm each tortilla 1 to 2 minutes per side – you want to heat the tortillas just enough to slightly char and add a bit of crispness, but not so much that when you fold it, it cracks. Wrap the tortillas in a clean tea towel to keep warm and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove the fish from the marinade. Working in batches if needed, add the fillets cooking 2 -3 minutes per side – until white and opaque. Transfer the fish to a plate and break it up into large pieces.
- Quarter the remaining lime. To assemble: place a heaping spoonful of sriracha aioli slaw onto the center of the tortilla. Top with the fish, sour cream, sliced avocado, and lime wedges. Serve and Enjoy!